Students had some integer work to complete over the weekend if they hadn't already completed it in class.
*Powerschool: assignment marks are being added in. Student work is being kept in school folders. Marks do not appear to be showing up in the app, but do on the online section if you scroll down. All assignments should say "excluded".
Integers Quiz Wednesday: Be able to:
- add and subtract integers, both procedural and with word problems
- multiply and divide integers procedurally
- use a multiplication chart or basic facts knowledge (no calculators)
- Some basic financial vocabulary such as: what is their financial situation? downpayment of...was made, owes, deficit, gains, earns, has ...amount on credit may appear.
There is a button below called + and - of Integers Extra Practice procedures (draw a number line with the positive and negative sides to think
- word problems and procedural review questions were done and corrected in class Monday
Math - We have been continuing to work on understanding fractions, particularly how to multiply and divide, as well as use them in word problems. Some key concepts that students need to know in order to solve these multi-step problems and algorithms are:
Science - We did a lab for Mix and Flow of Matter. We also finished our first Current Events write-up using an article from DOGONews. Last Friday we did a short design challenge in order to build a paper table that could hold Ms. Jennings coffee :) Ask your child about it!