Tuesday we did a lab testing our vision to begin our unit on Light and Optics. Here are the links -- take a look :)
Week Summary from Thursday, January 31st:
Upcoming Dates and Links Relevant to them:
Monday: 8D Osmosis Lab due (8A was due today)- Click here for the lab sheet if you lost yours (picture my grumpy cat face!!)
- Here are the links to the Labs to overview them again:
Tuesday: 8D and 8A Doctor's Panel for Body Systems
- You need to know YOUR GROUP's systems's 5-6 main diseases, how to keep YOUR GROUP's system healthy and know some symptoms of what might affect your system.
- For extension, know a bit about the ways some of the other systems might be affected
- The links for ALL the presentations are under the Friday link
Wednesday: 8D and 8A Unit Test for Ratios, Percentage and Rates
Thursday: BREATHE. Homework Hotel at lunch if you have stuff not handed in or missed days.
Friday: Open Book Quiz on Body Systems
- Know the main parts, how they function and how the systems interacts generally.
- Although open book, this also means less time.
- Here are the presentations in PDF form:
Week Summary from Friday, January 25th:
Upcoming Dates January 28th to FEBRUARY 1st!:
Body Systems Project Timeline:
What should I walk into the week feeling comfortable with:
- Playing the 3 levels of the Cafeteria and Assembly Line Game on Lure of the Labyrinth
- Feel comfortable with the Holiday Homework in math (proportional reasoning, equivalencies, ratios, balancing equations to find variables)
- Know (with notes) how to identify the main parts of animal and plant cells and summarize what they do
- knowing some of the main differences between plant and animal cells
*REMINDER: Monday, January 14th is an Organizational Day. There are no classes for students. Have a great day!
Welcome back to Nose Creek! I hope you all had wonderful holidays.
Here is the document:
Here is the link for the cells exploration:
Station 1 Math Review: paper copy provided by click here
Station 2 Science Review correction and discussion station. Use the online review from last week to share and compare answers.
Station 3 Solubility Graph Review some copies provided click here to see
Station 4 Multiple Choice. Use Topics 1-5 only, answers are on first page to compare. Click here.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Wednesday, December 12th
8A - Please go through the practice questions in this PDF of the Powerpoint today (click on the button below. Are there review skills you need additional practice with? There is also a chart you should be comfortable completing.
Quiz tomorrow (period 3)
8D - Quiz tomorrow (Flex due to animation in the morning)
8A and 8D studentsStudents need to finish Flow Rate and Density Calculations today, as there will be a very short check-in quiz on this Thursday. Corrections will be done in class Wednesday. Calculators will NOT be permitted, but in the interest of getting the work done, may be used to finish the work today.
Here are two informative videos about Density. Take some time to watch them with a partner and discuss. How is Density different from Flow Rate? How do you explain it with the particle model?
Here is a link to review questions about Mix and Flow of Matter. Use it i up to page 5 (after that there is buoyancy and a bunch of other concepts we are going to cover in a later unit). There is also a chapter from which you can find answers if you are unsure about the questions in the review.
Unit Test for Fractions and Integers is Thursday, November 29th
*All corrections will be provided on Tuesday, November 27th. But check-in with peers in the mean time!
*If you are looking for specific practice please contact Ms. J by email --see button on right!
*You can use a multiplication chart, but no calculators will be used
Review/Skills from previous grades that are key to Grade 8 skills:
- What is a fraction? What information does it represent?
- What is an integer? What information does it represent?
- identify lowest common denominators and create equivalent fractions
- understand mixed numbers and improper fractions and convert them
- add and subtract fractions and integers in order of operations, multi-step problems, word problems, balancing equations, etc.)
Grade 8 specific skills:
- multiply and divide fractions using effective procedures AND simplify answers
- multiply and divide integers accurately
- use multiplication and division of fractions and integers in order of operations
- use exponents accurately to multiply fractions and integers
- use multiplication and division of fractions and integers in word problems (from one to a few steps)
- model integers and fractions using tiles, arrays and number lines
Practice Documents: SEE LAST WEEK POST AS WELL!
More posts to arrive daily--keep your work organized so you can check it.
Please email if you would like a specific type of practice linked to the blog!
Lure of the Labyrinth is accessible by using a class login:
(choose a number between 1-20 instead of the hashtag)
OR students may have asked for a personal login.
Fun Links :)